The Leaf.

The Leaf.
Am the leaf,
So great and pure
Full of hope
Attached to a branch 
With more other leaves.

Am a leaf
The leaf that rejects the love of the ground.
That defiant one who chooses not to weaken,
not to pale to the colour that finally bonds me with the ground.




Am a leaf, 
The type that sways to the rythm of the wind,
But never wanders away from its branch.
I am a patch of dust and dirt,
And  the drops of the rain cleanse me regularly.

I must admit,
Am lonely amidst the crowd.
But on a second thought
Am lucky.
Because I survive in the loneliness,
The beauty of the ground does not attract me.
Her charming eyes that attract my brothers to fall to her,
She's a disease that inwardly eats the colour out of them,
Weakens them till they fall to her
The mist famous ground?.
The lover of all times.

So I choose not to fall,
In love with the ground,
But I will stick with 
The branch.

Gracie and Moxie

Comments

Popular Posts