To whom it may concern



You've walked away, left me,
a dagger stuck to my bosom.
I gave you what I would have
no other man ever received.
I let you explore every part of me.
And though I acted a coward;
it was just because I was scared.
You promised me
you'd never give up on me.
Then today came along,
and like that, you let me go.



Did you really care?
Did you really mean
each and every word you said?
Or were you acting the skilful artist
to make and play tricks with my mind?
If only you knew 
the mountains I moved all for you!
But its too late I guess,
Everything that I have worked for
to be one with you
has come to nought; crushed,
because I moved too soon; i rushed.

I wont deny; i love you.
But I can't deny; I want to hate you.
These crumbled walls you have left
breaking everywhere in my heart,
will be the death of me.
But one thing I leave behind,
my one treasured memory,
is that one moment I spent 
lying in your arms, eyes tearing,
and you held me close to you;
close to your heart.
So long my word smith,
Goodbye my poet.

                 Keren

Comments

Popular Posts